1. Agriculture is the main activity of Saran district. Agricultural products include paddy, wheat, sugar cane, potato and maize.
2. The soil of the district is alluvial. The diara areas in the beds of the three rivers are subjected to periodic inundation, hence are highly fertile.
3. No mineral of economic value is found in the district.
4. Economy of Saran has seen sustained growth.
5. The sugar factories in the region contribute the most to the industrial scenario of Saran.
|Name of the Lead Bank
||Bank of India
|No of other scheduled Banks
|No of Branches of other scheduled Banks
|Name of Regional Rural Banks
|No of Branches of Co-operative Banks
|No of Branches of LDB’s